I never imagined that my blog would become a barren wasteland once my design business picked up steam, but that seems to be the state of things lately. Yes, I am alive and well and going to try to catch up a bit:
Amber at Trust in the Lord awarded me the Rockin’ Girl Blogger award, although she actually said: “I chose Dawn because she is a Rockin’ designer!” Thanks, honey!
Someone (I don’t know who) nominated my blog to display the Fruit of the Spirit graphic, which you now see displayed in my sidebar. I am very touched by this, and don’t even know who to thank. Later I will write a more detailed post about it and what it means to me.
Last but not least, Brenda tagged me for a Random 7 Meme – prepare to be randomized!
- I never would have thought of this until Brenda mentioned it on her list, but my shoe size is the same as my dress size.
- My husband has asked me out on a date for
tomorrow nighttonight, which means there is an 99.9% chance I will be eating at Chili’s or Mexican.
- One of my most recent blog designs, www.marybethwhalen.com, was inspired by a table promotional piece at Chili’s. Friends and family who have eaten with me there in the past few months can testify that I would pick up this particular item and study it intently, determining how to utilize the concept in a blog design. It was just a matter of time. 🙂
- Our family could be making a big announcement soon (no, it’s not baby #9!) . . .
- It is entirely possible that three members of my family will be getting married by the end of next year.
- I am addicted to fonts and clip art.
- I am currently on a mission to get people to update their web browsers. Mozilla Firefox rules!