Spring has arrived but unfortunately so have the insects! If you’d like to enjoy the outdoors with fewer pests, try this DIY insect repellent using natural, plant-based ingredients. No DEET!
When I made individual spray bottles for my teens to take to camp one summer, they said girls asked to borrow it to wear as a perfume. It smells that good!
DIY Insect Repellant
- 6 drops Young Living Citronella oil
- 1 drop Young Living Rosemary oil
- 1 drop Young Living Geranium oil
- 1 drop Young Living Spearmint oil
- 1 drop Young Living Thyme oil
- 1 drop Young Living Clove oil
Combine oils in a 2 oz. glass spray bottle and fill the remaining 2/3 of the bottle with distilled water and 1/3 with witch hazel. Shake well before using and spray on feet, legs, and arms to keep away the critters!