A much-anticipated new toy joined our household last week, the Barbie Photo Fashion Doll. Admittedly, I was reluctant to review Barbie. I’d already committed to writing 31 Days of Before & After Shots for October and I just didn’t see how I’d have time to post more than that.
My kids, however, begged until I just couldn’t say no (it’s worth noting that my 15-year-old daughter and 11-year-old son pleaded the most).
This isn’t like any Barbie I ever owned; it contains both an embedded digital camera and a backlit LCD screen, which makes photos look like they’re printed on her t-shirt. Cool, huh?
Barbie’s first week has been a non-stop series of photo shoots. She’s a popular girl! Both my 7- and 9-year-old daughters asked to take her for their presentations (show and tell) in our one-day-per-week Classical Conversations program. She stores 200+ photos, which is a good thing since everyone wants Barbie to take their picture (and everyone wants to use Barbie to take a picture).
Both of my daughters demoed the process for their class. Here’s the final image from the shot composed above. The images are 128px x 128px when you download them to your computer. In my opinion, this size is perfect: big enough to show up nicely on Barbie’s shirt, but not large enough to take up a lot of memory on my computer.
I’ll periodically make collages of them and email the jpg to the local drugstore to print. That way my girls can have their photos printed for pennies!
Different graphics are available and you can see them on the LCD screen and compose your photos to include them, or simply take a regular picture; just push the heart button on Barbie’s belt. You can see lots of composition examples in the collage at the top of this post.
What’s in the Box?
- Barbie doll with embedded digital camera and LCD screen, doll stand, USB cord, rechargeable battery, and instructions
- 11.5-inch Barbie doll is ready for photo fun right out of the box!
- Doll can store 200+ original photos and comes with 30+ preloaded effects
- Customize images with graphics, colors, and more
- Connect to a computer to recharge or upload and download images with the USB cable — pink, of course!
- An included stand, with a slot for the USB cord, holds Barbie doll securely while connecting her to a computer
- Encourages girls’ creativity through photography and fashion
The Barbie Photo Fashion Doll is a big hit with my kids and I’ll bet yours will love her, too!
This is a sponsored post from One2One Network. Mattel product and additional incentives were provided to me. All opinions stated are my own.