Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick;
and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works,
and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
What does shining your light look like in practice?
- Don’t talk down to the waiter or waitress who fails to realize your drink is empty
- Show kindness to strangers
- Offer a helping hand or an encouraging word to the harried mother in line next to you juggling a shopping cart full of groceries and toddlers
- Show mercy to others, as Christ has shown it to you
- Honesty in the business world (my husband’s contribution to the list)
- Teach and model good sportsmanship
What are some other practical ways that we can let our light shine?
Please visit the other ladies participating in 31 Days of Ministry Online at A Woman Inspired: